This year SIM Connect Live, the Society for Information Management’s flagship national event, is taking place in Orlando, Florida — an ideal setting offering you and the entire family a number of entertainment options before and after the conference.
While the city is well known for its theme parks, the number of area attractions have grown significantly in the last few years, offering a lot for foodies, sports and outdoor enthusiasts, and anyone looking for a good time in an amazing climate.
We encourage you to bring your spouse/partner — and the kids — when you reserve your spot for SIM Connect Live. Mid May is an ideal time to couple your IT leadership education with a spring break as well. Here are a few reasons why Orlando is an ideal backdrop for SIM Connect Live:
- With more than 300 days of sunshine each year and average annual temperatures in the mid-70s, every day is a perfect opportunity to get outside and explore! Orlando offers lots of eco-tourism and outdoor activities like zip-lining, airboat rides, and swamp tours. It was also named the best city for recreational activities.
- There’s a reason Orlando is known as the “Theme Park Capital of the World.” At the conference hotel, we will be well situated for SeaWorld, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, and Universal Studios Florida. There are plenty of others to choose from.
- There’s lots of new development! Even if you’ve traveled to Orlando recently, there’s probably a bunch of new stuff you haven’t yet been able to explore like Epic Axe Throwing and an all-new roller coaster thrill ride coming to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter (right near the conference hotel). Here’s a list of other new things planned for 2019.
- It doesn’t have a to cost an arm and a leg. There are plenty of fun options if you’re on a budget, including adventure golf and the Orlando StarFlyer.
- Orlando’s downtown is buzzing. If you don’t want to spend your break at one of the numerous theme parks, downtown Orlando offers amazing dining and nightlife, as well as plenty of arts and culture options.
- With more emphasis on giving back at this year’s SIM Connect Live through the addition of the SIM Foundation Gala, SIM members will find this little Orlando tibdit quite interesting. The city has one of the fastest rates of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) job growth in the country. This was a factor in Orlando coming in sixth place in Forbes’s 15 Best Big Cities for Jobs.
Register today! Be sure to secure the special group rate for the hotel before April 12.